Coach’s Corner for Scrolls is a video series where top players review key strategies and thought processes for Scrolls (the genesis of which can be found here).
Episode 6 -
- 0:00:00 - Intro to Series
- 0:00:38 - Intro to Dialex
- 0:01:55 - Deck Review
- 0:08:29 -- Match -- Cradstache
- 0:44:10 -- Wrap-up
Guild Association: The Badger Guild
- Spread idol damage (with this deck) – helps to keep options open and doesn’t tie you down to one option
- Card management – always have 3 cards in hand (personal “rule”)
- He had some great examples of “speaking in” his draw – a good example of an earlier stream with Cantor and about talking through what you’re drawing and having card awareness.
- Pay attention to poison
- In this match, held on to infectious blight for the right timing. Put it on hard-to-reach units or units behind other units so that our attack units can do damage to units and have infectious blight work its magic on the other creatures
- Know the combos (i.e. infectious blight / bloodline taint)
- Scroll advantage – talked a lot about it – i.e. spending two cards (haste and focus) to get rid of one card The importance of getting rid of Mystic or Hired Smuggler – they get “free” cards.
- Return to nature only really good when you have two. Also, when you’re counting cards and get near the end of your deck, you’ll know how many you have left and if you should risk it to draw that second RTN for a combo.
- Play cards that bring in more cards before saccing if that’s the play (i.e. if you know you’re going to play languid, play it before saccing so you have another option to sac).
- When to engage – with Order there is a lot of CD – but with decay you know exactly what’s coming. Know when to draw back vs engage.