Coach’s Corner for Scrolls is a video series where top players review key
strategies and thought processes for Scrolls (the genesis of which can be found here).
Episode 1 -
- 0:00:00 - Intro to Series
- 0:01:02 - Intro to Blinky
- 0:02:55 - Deck Review
- 0:07:10 - 1st Match - Hard AI
- 0:29:33 - 1st Match - Learnings
- 0:31:00 - 2nd Match - TheSuperbSimone
- 0:57:17 - 2nd Match - Replay - Did we miss lethal?
- 1:03:32 - 3rd Match - TheSuperbSimone
- 1:18:18 - 3rd Match - Replay
- 1:24:46 - Wrap-up
Guild Association: The Badger Guild
Type: Growth (aggro)
Deckbuild (in video): http://www.scrollsguide.com/deckbuilder/#12489
Deckbuild (corrected): http://www.scrollsguide.com/deckbuilder/#12490
Hard AI: http://www.scrollsguide.com/replays/r/8307423
Blinky’s Top 3 "Turn Thinks"
1. What is my opponent trying to do (mainly looking at board)
2. What is he capable of doing (what he can do with his hand)
3. What can I do best to stop him
- What do I want to do
- What in my hand allows me to best achieve this
- What can my opponent do that will make this play bad
My personal learnings from this session were:
- Positioning – Where they (units) fit – thinking through position for following turns and being defensive – save to fight another day!!
- Everybody makes mistakes
- Get creatures out (prioritize)
- Looking at the board – protection of critical units
- What is important, what is not important (i.e. Vaettr not that important after turn 2/3 – prioritizing the Braves as they are attacking each turn)
- Draw enchantment before rallying
Some of these may seem like simple things, but there-in lies the whole purpose of the series - to highlight the differences in thinking and improving your own game!
I hope you get value out of this (and upcoming) videos :)